Usually there exist multiple SMSCs in the mobile and fixed networks. On the other hand, the value-added service providers (VASPs) need to connect to all of them to complete their service. Here is where the concept of SMS gateway comes into the picture. PA-SMSGW simplifies the network structure by sitting between VASPs and SMSCs. VASPs only connect to the gateway which itself is connected to multiple SMSCs.
System Use Cases
- The first delivery attempt of SMPP application messages
In this case, PA-SMSGW receives SMPP messages and routes them directly to subscribers. This dramatically decreases the load for the SMSC and frees up its resources for exchanging messages between network subscribers.
- Exchanging messages between SMS centers
PA-SMSGW can also be used as a router between different SMS centers to organize SMS messaging spaces. In this case, the operator can manage content providers, centrally.
- Flexible routing policies
- Powerful access control system (IP addresses, originating number, anti-spam measures)
- Fault management system
- KPI management system
- Supporting up to 50K SMS per second, according to the licensing costs
- Hundreds of simultaneously connected SMPP connection
- Configurable whitelist and blacklists of message recipients
- ESME bandwidth management
- Powerful routing system according to message type, destination and origination address, and time
- Alternative SMS routing in case of main SMPP connection failure
- Traffic limitation and flow control for both subscribers and ESMEs
- Detailed EDR and CDR